Christopher C. Wilcox, PhD
I specialize in many different areas of technology including mathematical modeling, optics, custom software, website, and mobile app development for Android and iOS.
I’m currently an electrical engineer with the US Air Force Research Laboratory working in the Laser Division. Prior to this, I worked at the US Naval Research Laboratory in the field of adaptive optics with a focus on the applications for astronomy.
- Fellow Member Status What’s this?
- Information Technologies Committee Chair: 2018 to Present
- Strategic Planning Committee Member: 2018 to Present
- Publications Committee Member: 2018 to Present
- Information Technologies Committee Member: 2015 to 2017
- Session Chair for Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications Conference at the SPIE Defense & Commercial Sensing Symposium: 2012 to Present
- Confernence Committee Member – SPIE Optics+Photonics
Some interesting links:
- AFRL researchers honored by SPIE Society
- National Academy of Engineering US Frontiers of Engineering Symposium
- SPIE Press release on NAE USFOE
- Android app for SPIE Field Guide
- NRL Labstracts article for SPIE Conference Chair
- SPIE Publications
- New York Times article on Meteor Shower Calendar app
- SPIE Conference chair article
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering – University of New Mexico, December 2009
- Master of Science in Electrical & Computer Engineering – University of New Mexico, December 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with a Mathematics Minor – New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology – Graduated with Honors – December 2003
Very Large Array:
Navy Precision Optical Interferometer: